New collaborative event: Career education and guidance that works
5 May 2017
The Career Development Institute (CDI), the professional body for careers professionals and Education and Employers are delighted to be working together on a special one-day event: ‘Career education and guidance that works’ on June the 12th 2017 in Westminster, London.
Please see full details here.
The event will:
- reflect on the new government’s manifesto on careers provision and its implications
- explore the leading research on evidence and impact
- consider the importance of career leadership and the positive impact this can have on young people making successful transitions in learning and work
- look at new and exciting regional approaches to careers provision that are unfolding in England
- help you to develop your own professionalism and contribute to CPD
- explore what it means for managers and practitioners
Speakers will include international expert Professor Frans Meijers who is travelling especially from the Netherlands, Dr Deirdre Hughes OBE, Dr Elnaz Kashefpakdel, Jan Ellis, Steve Stewart, Liane Hambly, Jordan Rehill and Nick Chambers.
Places are still available – book before 10th May: http://www.thecdi.net/Skills-Training-Events/Career-and-Guidance-That-Works-%E2%80%93-What-Does-The-Evidence-Tell-us/47803
And a reminder about free resources – You can access and download a wide range of research reports, publications and resources on careers and employer engagement from the Education and Employers free searchable on-line library: https://www.educationandemployers.org/research-type/taskforce-publications/.