Inspiring the Future: Inspiring Women campaign launches today
17 Oct 2013
The Inspiring the Future: Inspiring Women campaign launches today with a ‘career speed networking’ event hosted by Miriam González Durántez with 100 girls from 11 state secondary schools talking jobs and careers with 10 high profile successful women. The aim of the campaign is to see 15,000 women from a wide range of occupations going into state schools, over the next year, to talk to 250,000 young women about the range of jobs available and entry routes into them. The campaign begins with 10 women sharing their career insights with 100 girls. The high profile women taking part in the launch include:
- Miriam González Durántez, Partner at Dechert LLP and the wife of Nick Clegg the DPM
- Fiona Bruce, BBC journalist and presenter
- Athene Donald DBE, Professor of Experimental Physics at the University of Cambridge
- Thea Green, CEO Nails Inc’s
- Bettany Hughes, historian and broadcaster
- Livia Firth, Creative Director Eco Age Ltd
- Carrie Longton, Mumsnet co-founder
- Carolyn McCall, CEO easyJet
- Heather McGregor, entrepreneur and Financial Times columnist and
- Barbara Stocking DBE, former CEO Oxfam and current President of Murray Edwards College, University of Cambridge.
The Guardian – Mum, what do engineers do? Article by Athene Donald one of the 10 ‘speed daters’.
The Times – González: Eton adds ‘gloss’ to students
The Telegraph – Move over Nick Clegg, your wife’s stealing the show.
Photos of the event