International conference – abstracts released
16 Jun 2016
International Conference on Employer Engagement in Education and Training – London 2016
July 21/22 2016, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills Conference Centre
Early Bird registration closes 30th June!
Following the announcement of our confirmed conference speakers we are now pleased to release full details of over 60 conference presentations.
Find out more about what each speaker will be presenting on by downloading all presentation abstracts here. You can also begin planning which sessions you would like to attend by checking the times of each presentation.
- HMI Adrian Lyons, Ofsted
- Andreas Schleicher, OECD
- Ann Hodgson, UCL Institute of Education
- Anthony Mann, Education and Employers
- Christian Percy, independent academic
- David Harbourne, Edge Foundation
- Deirdre Hughes, University of Warwick
- Elnaz T. Kashefpakdel, University of Bath
- Francis Green, UCL Institute of Education
- Ivan Diego, Valnalon
- James Calleja, CEDEFOP
- Sir John Holman, University of York
- Lord Nash, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Schools, Department for Education
- Julian Stanley, European Training Foundation
- Julie Moote, King’s College London
- Karina Veal, Asian Development Bank
- Kirsty Watt, Academy Ambassadors
- Lesley Giles, UK Commission for Employment and Skills
- Paul Comyn, International Labor Organisation
- Prue Huddleston, University of Warwick
- Robert Schwartz, Harvard University
- Sandra McNally, London School of Economics
- Sean Coughlan, BBC
- Simon Field, OECD
- Steven Jones, University of Manchester
The abstracts reveal the vast spread of topics set to be covered in the conference, drawing together policy, practice and research. Themes to be covered by the conference include: best practice examples of employer engagement in education, apprenticeships and vocational routes, higher education, governors, theoretical conceptions, employability and youth unemployment, skills mismatch and equity within employer engagement.
Further information on the conference and how to register please visit the conference website.
For any queries please contact: Rachael.Mckeown@educationandemployers.org