Education and Employers is a charity that works with schools, colleges and employers to provide young people with the inspiration, motivation, knowledge, skills and opportunities they need to help them achieve their potential. We are committed to providing safe and supportive environments for everyone involved in our organisation and the work we do. We believe that everyone, and specifically those who are in vulnerable circumstances and less able to protect themselves, has the right to be kept safe from harm, exploitation, abuse and neglect.
Every Education and Employers representative has a personal responsibility for safeguarding children and adults. They do this by considering the safety and well-being of all those involved in our activities and by protecting children and adults from harm, exploitation, abuse and neglect, reporting concerns whenever this happens.
Our safeguarding commitment
Education and Employers will:
- promote the general safety and well-being of all.
- take steps to minimise the possibility that harm, exploitation, abuse and neglect occur, which includes being drawn into terrorism and violent extremism.
- develop trusting and respectful relationships with those we work with, recognising that they have rights as individuals and should be treated with dignity and respect. and in doing so, provide them with a safe and supportive environment.
- take steps to ensure those involved in our organisation and the work we do are not discriminated against, by us, through being a child, or on grounds of age, sex, gender, disability, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation, appearance or cultural background, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
- act quickly and appropriately where there are safeguarding concerns.
To meet this commitment, we will ensure that:
- every Education and Employers representative, and the schools, colleges and employers we work with, has access to the safeguarding policy and understands their role and responsibilities, which includes what to do if they have a concern.
- we actively create safe and supportive environments for everyone involved in our organisation – a place where people want to work, individuals want to engage, and organisations want to do work with us.
- there are appropriate risk assessments in place for all our programmes and activities.
- we encourage the active participation of children and adults in keeping themselves and others safe, encouraging them to voice their concerns and know where and how to seek help if needed.
- effective procedures are in place for responding to safeguarding concerns.
- we practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of Education and Employers representatives, especially those who work with children or adults at risk.
- the safeguarding policy and guidance is consistent with local authority multi-agency procedures, safeguarding, social care and education legislation and guidance, and the Charity Commission requirements.
- the organisation continues to monitor the implementation of the safeguarding policy and guidance and take any measures required to strengthen and improve existing practice.