By registering for the Inspiring the Future programme, the Inspiring Governance or Inspiring FE Governance programmes or any other programme run by the Education and Employers Taskforce (the Programmes), you agree to the following Programme Terms and Conditions.
These Programme Terms and Conditions apply to:
(i) volunteers signing up individually or as part of their employer’s participation in a Programme (Volunteers); (ii) programme coordinators signing up on behalf of an employer who participates in a Programme (Employer Coordinators); (iii) teachers, principals, governors or other members of staff (each a Teacher) signing up on behalf of his/her school, college or other education provider (each a School); (iv) individuals who are involved in the appointment or selection of School governors (each a Governor Recruiter) signing up on behalf of a School, local authority, multi-academy trust, diocese or other similar institution (Governor Recruiters); and (v) other selected partners of the Taskforce (including the Department for Education and National Governance Association) who have an active interest in the Programmes (Partners).
Education and Employers Taskforce (we, us, our or the Taskforce) are registered in England and Wales under charity number 1130760 and have our registered office at Quantum House, 22-24 Red Lion Court, Fleet Street, London EC4A 3EB.
You hereby confirm, acknowledge and agree that:
(a) you are over 18 years of age;
- if you are a Volunteer: (i) Schools, Teachers and/or Governor Recruiters in order to match you with appropriate speaking, governance or other similar opportunities; (ii) if you give your consent for us to do so (by selecting the relevant box during the registration process or updating your preferences in your online account), your employer (including your Employer Coordinator) and/or professional/umbrella body (including any professional/umbrella body disclosed to us by you as part of your registration for the Programmes) and/or any other network or association of which you are a member, so that they can contact you about your participation in the Programme; and/or (iii) for Volunteer governors only, with the National Governance Association if you give your express consent for us to do so. Information you provide about disabilities may be used to match you with suitable placements that relate to opportunities for disabled people, and/or information you provide about religion may be used to match you with governor roles for schools that require governors of a particular religion, in each case only if you indicate that you are interested in roles of this nature and are happy for this information to be shared with prospective Schools, Teachers and/or Governor Recruiters. Ethnicity data will generally only be used for our internal monitoring and reporting purposes. Where we use ethnicity data for reporting purposes, it will always be aggregated. We may, where we have your express consent to do so, also use your ethnicity data internally to match you with certain placements. However, we would not generally provide this information to third parties;
- if you are a Teacher or Governor Recruiter: (i) Volunteers registered on our sites in order to introduce you to potential speakers, governors and other volunteers; and/or (ii) employers and/or professional bodies who support our Programmes in order to facilitate various engagement opportunities; and
- if you are a Volunteer, Governor Recruiter or a Teacher, to (i) Partners; (ii) the Taskforce’s local and national brokerage partners; (iii) funders of the Programmes; and (iv) other selected parties who carry out work within the education sector and have an active interest in the Programmes (i.e. local Councils/LEPs, MPs and relevant government departments), so that they can monitor participation in and the success of the Programmes. We always use aggregate data for this purpose and you will not be identified by name unless we have your express consent to do so.
(c) if you are a Teacher or Governor Recruiter, you have the requisite authority from your School or other institution to register for and use the services provided by the Taskforce through the Taskforce’s sites on behalf of your School or other institution and to accept these terms and conditions on behalf of your School or other institution;
(d) the details you provide to the Taskforce are correct and complete at the time of registration and are not fraudulent or misleading. Before undertaking any activities with any Volunteer or School, you agree to inform them of any changes to the details you provided on registration (including in relation to any fact or matter which would prevent you from being issued with a clear Disclosure and Barring Service check certificate);
(e) you do not intend to receive any remuneration for any activities you undertake with any Volunteer or School (including any expenses incurred), or to sell any services of any kind to any Volunteer, Volunteer’s employer, professional/umbrella body, Teacher, School or Governor Recruiter;
(f) you will not use any personal contact information provided via the Taskforce’s sites for any unsolicited, commercial or marketing messages save as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions or where expressly authorised by the relevant Volunteer, Teacher or Governor Recruiter;
(g) you will not pass any personal contact information of a Volunteer, Teacher or Governor Recruiter provided via the Taskforce’s sites to any third party without the express consent of that Volunteer, Teacher or Governor Recruiter;
(h) if you are a Volunteer, you are not aware of any fact or matter which would prevent you from being issued with a clear Disclosure and Barring Service check certificate;
(i) the Programmes are a free service provided by the Taskforce, matching Schools with Volunteers who are willing to give short talks about the jobs they do (whether in person or via the internet), perform the role of a School governor or participate in other opportunities or activities in education provided by Schools (for example, job shadowing, work experience and mentoring). The Taskforce is not responsible for performing any other services including, without limitation:
- any Volunteer training or advisory services;
- any Disclosure and Barring Service checks or any other form of Volunteer checks or accreditation;
- providing any materials for or hosting the talks or events which result from the Programmes;
- any site visits to Schools or other premises where volunteering activities may be conducted prior to or simultaneously with the visit of a Volunteer;
- any support services in relation to software or connectivity for the Inspiring the Future virtual activities;
- any health or safety checks or other checks of the participating Schools or other premises where volunteering activities may be conducted; or
- any other arrangements made between you and any Volunteer, Teacher, School or Governor Recruiter (as applicable);
(j) if you are a Teacher/School or Governor Recruiter you are not guaranteed a Volunteer through your participation in the Programmes;
(k) if you are a Teacher/School participating in the Inspiring the Future programme (whether in person or via the Internet), you are solely responsible for the participation of the student attendees in the programme and ensuring appropriate parental consent has been obtained;
(l) if you are a Teacher/School hosting Inspiring the Future virtual activities, you are solely responsible for:
- the choice and use of the platform on which the virtual activities take place. The Taskforce is not generally involved with the setting up of the online meetings, unless otherwise agreed;
- ensuring that the student attendees of the online meetings are sufficiently protected, including by controlling the attendees to the meeting, controlling if and/or how students are seen or heard during the meeting and ensuring that contact details for attendees are not available to other attendees as appropriate under your own safeguarding policies;
- obtaining the necessary consents from any Volunteers and attendees in the event that you wish to record the session; and
- monitoring and filtering any questions submitted by the attendees to ensure that they are appropriate and do not include any personal information of the student asking the question.
(k) if you are a Volunteer, you are not guaranteed an opportunity to talk about your career or otherwise participate in any volunteering activities or to become a governor of a School through your participation in the Programmes;
(l) the Taskforce is an intermediary and is not responsible for any information you may receive from any Volunteer, Teacher, School or Governor Recruiter (whether received through the Taskforce’s websites or otherwise);
(m) the Taskforce does not have a contractual obligation nor moral or ethical responsibility to:
- verify the identity of persons who register on or use the Taskforce’s websites (including at www.educationandemployers.org, www.inspiringthefuture.org, www.primaryfutures.org, http://inspiringgovernance.org/ or http://inspiringFEgovernance.org), whether as a guest or a registered user; or
- verify or monitor any of the content contained in any registered user’s profile and displayed on the Taskforce’s websites or otherwise provided in relation to any of the Programmes from time to time;
(n) as a user of the Taskforce’s websites, you are advised not to assume that any user content is accurate. A person may not be who he or she claims to be. You should at all times exercise the same caution you would normally if arranging or participating in a similar educational event. The Taskforce cannot be liable for false or misleading statements by any guest or registered user on the Taskforce’s websites;
(o) we are not responsible for performing any checks or validations required to ensure the safeguarding of children or vulnerable adults. However we reserve the right to restrict access to our sites or Programmes and/or to refer information to the appropriate authorities, if we suspect that a user who has registered with us has harmed or poses a risk of harm to children or vulnerable adults;
(q) you have read and accept the terms of the Taskforce’s website terms and conditions (which can be viewed at https://www.educationandemployers.org/website-terms-and-conditions/);
(r) you have read and agree to comply with our safeguarding code of conduct (which can be viewed at https://www.educationandemployers.org/education-and-employers-safeguarding-policy-statement/) and acknowledge that we reserve the right to restrict access to our sites or Programmes if, in our reasonable opinion, you fail to comply with this code;
(s) the Taskforce, its officers, directors, employees, agents or partners will not be liable to you or any third party for any losses, damages, injury, costs or any other liabilities you or any third party suffer or incur in connection with the participation in the Programmes or use of the Taskforce websites (including the actions or omissions of, or any activities you undertake with, any Volunteer or School); and
(t) nothing in these terms shall exclude any liability for, or remedy in respect of, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or death or personal injury caused by negligence.