At Education and Employers, we are accountable for the ways in which we work and have a duty to keep ourselves and others safe. This is achieved by maintaining a respectful, caring and professional approach to those we come into contact with and by conducting ourselves in a way that demonstrates integrity, maturity and good judgement.
As a volunteer in an Education and Employers programme you must always:
- Be a good role model with behaviour and an attitude that are in line with our values and ethos.
- Be friendly, courteous and kind at all times.
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect in accordance with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Respect other people’s privacy and boundaries.
- Communicate with others in an open and respectful way.
- Be responsible and accountable in the way you carry out your role.
- When volunteering in a school, adhere to the school’s policies, procedures and rules.
- Not act fraudulently or dishonestly or do anything that brings, or is likely to bring, Education and Employers into disrepute.
We are all committed to providing safe and supportive environments for everyone involved in our organisation – a place where people want to work, individuals want to engage, and organisations want to do work with us to give young people the inspiration, motivation, knowledge, skills and opportunities they need to help them achieve their potential.
All volunteers must comply with this code and Education and Employers policies and procedures including the Programme Terms & Conditions which can be found here. Breaches will be taken seriously and may result in removal from our database of volunteers.
Safeguarding Children and Adults Statement
Education and Employers takes safeguarding very seriously and has robust procedures to address safeguarding issues. If we receive a complaint or concern about any volunteer’s or individual’s conduct, we will follow our set procedures. A copy of our Safeguarding Children and Adult’s Policy is available on request and the following links can be found on our website:
- Safeguarding Policy Statement
- Responding to Concerns Statement